Skip to main content

Analysing my Quarter Life Crisis

I read this article some years back...
Am analysing how close to this crisis am I...
----------------
BEING TWENTY - SOMETHING

They call it the "Quarter-life Crisis."
It is when you stop going along with the crowd and start realizing that there are many things about yourself that you didn't know and may not like. (Never been so)
You start feeling insecure and wonder where you will be in a year or two, but then get scared because you barely know where you are now. (True.. Am feeling it all the time)
You start realizing that people are selfish and that, maybe, those friends that you
thought you were so close to aren't exactly the greatest people you have ever met, and the people you have lost touch with are some of the most important ones. (Very True... Personally this matters).
What you don't recognize is that they are realizing that too, and that they aren't really cold, catty, mean or insincere, but that they are just as confused as you. (True)
You look at your job and it is not even close to what you thought you would be doing, or maybe you are looking for a job and realizing that you are going to have to start at the bottom and that scares you. (Very Very True)
Your opinions have gotten stronger. (Always were too strong)
You see what others are doing and find yourself judging more than usual because suddenly you realize that you have certain boundaries in your life and are constantly adding things to your list of what is acceptable and what isn't. (Never)
One minute, you are insecure and then the next, secure. (No)
You laugh and cry with the greatest force of your life. (No)
You feel alone and scared and confused. (True)
Suddenly, change is the enemy and you try and cling on to the past with dear life, but soon realize that the past is drifting further and further away, and there is nothing to do but stay where you are or move forward. (probably True)
You get your heart broken and wonder how someone you loved could do such damage to you. (Pataa Nahin)
Or you lie in bed and wonder why you can't meet anyone decent enough that you want to get to know better. (Very True)
Or maybe you love someone but love someone else too and cannot figure out why you're doing this because you know that you aren't a bad person (wow). (True)
One night stands and random hook ups start to look cheap. (very cheap .. too True)
Getting wasted and acting like an idiot starts to look pathetic. (True)
You go through the same emotions and questions over and over, and talk with your friends about the same topics because you cannot seem to make a decision. (True.. that is always true)
You worry about loans, money, the future and making a life for yourself... and while winning the race would be great, right now you'd just like to be a contender! (True)
What you may not realize is that everyone reading this relates to it. (Nah..False)
We are in our best of times and our worst of times, trying as hard as we can to figure this whole thing out. You are not alone in your state of confusion. (I know..)

I did not do that bad... I think I have been in crises all my life.. except that time is running out for me to do some of the radical things I had planned for myself.
Let me analyse that out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raizada Heritage Fund and Trip to Woodlands

I have a confession to make. We don’t have a sofa at home. We seriously don’t.. Over the last two years, whenever Vartika has broached the touchy topic of a Sofa buy, I have ended up doing rants on how the money saved on not buying a Sofa would be able to feed us for a month, in case startup went bust. (And no, I was not counting on dumb UPA government allowing Sharad Pawar to make billions running amok on the vegetable and cereals market and looting us. In that case, count that sum to last for mere 15 days. That rant is for a separate day) Imagine a 30-40k sofa and me eating it, like the borers mostly do. Tough to imagine and sad to think of. So I return to the sofa tales. Vartika knew I had make her do with those mattresses. You know how dumb I am, relentlessly pointless. Unfortunately I ran into an Ariean, and that too my Mom. She looked at me and the mattresses and then again at me, and I went ballistic. From the sensibility of an accountant, to the eruditeness of an economist (De

Can life teach?

It actually began, quite reluctantly. Unnecessary as it may seem, life teaches you what you allow it to teach. Even Life cannot teach you what it offers you. One has to let himself dissolve into the experience and let it sink in, and that I might call religion or education. Whatever the other person is willing to accept. Nay. Does it matter? Nay. Life is about teaching oneself. Being a self-thought-taught "person", picking up bits and pieces from various experiences, I tread on a path; I have myself laid out for myself. Never have I asked, in other words, begged for words, from "messiahs". Never did I think myself of having enough virtue, call it patience, to learn from others. So "rich" were my experiences. Things change, dynamically. Responding to an open question, throwing caution to the winds, I immersed myself into a debate, with people who thought, had streamlined their thinking apparatus and abilities. Gradually, they pestered; read "lee

The void...

I feel empty. I feel raw. I feel rotten. I feel like not feeling. I have nothing to show, if someone to ask me about what I have achieved in my stay on this planet. Nothing. what is a few flirtations with literature, knowledge, pain and sweat. No blood. No tears. No medallions. No gallantry. Ah! I am disgusted with myself for being so ordinary. I deserve the void for I do not work half as hard as I could. I am wasting my life.