Skip to main content

Raizada Heritage Fund and "Jai Bolo Baba Rai Kam - Kaam Zada Ki"

It has been a long time indeed. I feel the need to write overcome all my stiff resistance, resistance to spend (read waste) time on things that are not related to the venture. I put in all my waking hours into it. I babble about derivatives and algorithms or so, my wife claims. Thankfully I can’t hear myself talk when I am asleep. For the past twenty four hours, I have been itching to write, some voice inside of me (also insistence on part of wife) coaxes me to write this time. I don’t know if what I write is worth it, I have always had feelings of worthlessness of output; the feeling of murderous rage inhabits some part of me. So let’s get to what I was itching about.

I realize that Life has no meaning. At least I can’t find one. All of us, at one time or other, try to commit that mistake. I do that often. Repeat Offender!! I had been in love with this book by Scott Adams – Gods Debris. I have recommended it to a number of people and it’s free. I can really feel that the guy can feel something different. God's Debris espouses a philosophy based on the idea that the simplest explanation tends to be the best (a corruption of Occam's Razor). It surmises that an omnipotent God annihilated himself in the Big Bang, because an omniscient God would already know everything possible except his own lack of existence, and exists now as the smallest units of matter and the law of probability . He was talking sense, exactly in a manner that I would ascribe the definition of God to.


The use of patterns, probability and physics made it especially memorable. One would even tend to look over some flaws in the arguments but it is essentially right. Vartika had been an ardent admirer when I recommended it to her and then I sent it to a dear friend of mine, Anil, who gets to reason my crappy ideas. They especially loved it and wowed it. It got me thinking. We have the same backgrounds, similar educations, similar issues with life. On the other hand, recommending it to people from other walks, did not elicit a similar wow response. On those occasions, I was like they can’t appreciate a work of genius. It got me thinking. I thought for a long time. Three years maybe more. I chewed on it, arguing against and for, working out the right arguments and so on. And then it dawned.

Have you seen Hindus fight the Muslims and Muslims the Jews and Christians against Muslims and Hindus against Christians and so on? The never ending debate. Vaishnavs against Shaivas, Thakurs against Banias , but it never ends. Recently followers of Hindu Priests have clashed, the Akharas as they call them. Its wonderful, keeps everyone busy. I have also been silently cursing these and for missing the scientific and rational outlook and spirit. In Kolkata Book Festival, I gave a very thorough rubdown to one Anadamargi. I have nothing against them, the people of the world, except they don’t ascribe to my “correct” views and that they do not accept the wisdom of the high priest of “Some Half Baked Shit and Crap”. And so it got me thinking. Honestly. Especially after this Nityanand Guy, I was like lusting for the kind of control he had on people. I was like People are born stupid, this that and crap.


I wondered how I could tell that the knowledge and wisdom that dawned upon me was correct. What could I prove, other than a few logic lemmas with a few “safe” assumptions? Was I being delusional? Was I in too much love with my own ideas? Ahh.. a lot of people have subscribed to this. So many educated people cannot be wrong. But the pattern was so unmistakably there. I was blind.


Let me bring it to context. These days I pore over numbers, patterns and statistical tests. I believe in them, I do, else I would not be doing it. There are a number of ways to trade in the market, Fundamentally, Technically, Statistically, Wishfully.... ad infinitum, ad nauseum. The problem in this field is that the Profit/Loss function determines your way to be correct. However some ways work some times and sometimes the other works. The only true way to make money in a Capital Market is to be a broker, a middleman. Dalaali as they say in the street is the only true way. The same holds true for religion. The only people making money and deriving happiness are the ones running the business. People like the Pope, the Shankaracharya, the Mullahs, the Pandas, the Priests, the Temple Trust Wallahs, the Bishops and so on. What do you get in return? You have to confess, you have to forego food, forego wealth, forego supposedly “bad” thoughts, forego comfort. What do you get in return, a feeling of not having done enough, a feeling of being subservient to someone, a feeling of impurity, a feeling that somehow you be ever able to measure up.


The pattern I saw was that only people like me, ascribed to the bullshit I liked. So if we could have been collectively that delusional, what makes us better than those billions of Hindus and Muslims and Christians, whom we crib about? They all are as blind as we were. They are all as desperate to seek god or godliness as we were. They are as human as we are. So why should we criticize them, but the thing is once we know that we all have been collectedly delusional, let’s do something. Lets only believe in a God that we see, can feel and talk to. We need a Common Minimum Programme on this. Seriously we need it.


I see this every day. People would do navratras, rozas what not. Just to appease some god, some godwallah? And the concept of Heaven, I could tell you, it’s not better than sleeping in a mango orchard with mangoes at an arms reach, chewing sugarcane in the fields, being near to your loved ones, the natural things by extension. Religion is altogether a sham. When you go to a Sadhu or a learned one, he will make intelligent guesses and you would end up claiming that they saw inside you. Some bit of hypnosis and guesswork and a lot of confidence on their part and gullibility and fear and stupidity on our part, that’s all it takes.


I could have taken innumerable examples but I will take personal one. Hanuman ji is revered at our home. So I asked my grandmother, why did he increase his size when he wanted to go to Lanka. She told me, so he could fly easier. Would it not be easier to fly if he was smaller like the birds. But then he was hanuman ji. On another occasion, why did he not beat Bali for Sugreev, if they were such dear friends. Hanumanji had been given a shraap that he would forget his powers if he tried to do this and that. Comfortably solved. But I still remember them and so these would propagate. The fact is all of it is lies, woven in a tale of considerable complexity to be any one grantha, so you would need several texts to understand it. Once you are through the texts to realize the utter crap, you are earning through them and thus dependent on them. But the fact is, its utter crap. Its bullshit. All this religion and crap is pure crap. At times you would be tempted to ascribe to it, but be stronger then.


Till such time, I open my own ashram and invite you over, save your hard earned pennies and hand them over at that time. To all, who ascribe... Jai Bhokaal.


Send in your contributions to


Raizada Heritage Fund.


We also use Paypal , They have resumed. All other babas, religions are bullshit. I am the only “real” one.


P.S. Don’t tell your logical spouses, relatives and friends. They won’t get it. They are cursed to be here and not be able to see the true religion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raizada Heritage Fund and Trip to Woodlands

I have a confession to make. We don’t have a sofa at home. We seriously don’t.. Over the last two years, whenever Vartika has broached the touchy topic of a Sofa buy, I have ended up doing rants on how the money saved on not buying a Sofa would be able to feed us for a month, in case startup went bust. (And no, I was not counting on dumb UPA government allowing Sharad Pawar to make billions running amok on the vegetable and cereals market and looting us. In that case, count that sum to last for mere 15 days. That rant is for a separate day) Imagine a 30-40k sofa and me eating it, like the borers mostly do. Tough to imagine and sad to think of. So I return to the sofa tales. Vartika knew I had make her do with those mattresses. You know how dumb I am, relentlessly pointless. Unfortunately I ran into an Ariean, and that too my Mom. She looked at me and the mattresses and then again at me, and I went ballistic. From the sensibility of an accountant, to the eruditeness of an economist (De

Raizada Heritage Fund and Pimping it!

Inspired by the Bombay lines which come to because of Bombay Rains. "When its dry, you can fry It rains and you walk in drains" I am surprised why have I not been able to realize this fact. A fact that is infact, been staring at me with cold blue eyes. The true passion of modern Indian Generation seems not to be an innovator, a creator, a discoverer, an Ayn Rand person. Based on the happenings of late, as in the last Ten years, it seems so, it really seems so. But I tell you, every time you want some work done like a passport, driving license, construction permission, company registration ... they suck every ounce of blood, so I ask why should I pay taxes honestly. Look at the shitty roads, shitty trains, shitty power supply, shitty water supply, shitty governance. With all my sagacity, sometime I want to rip a few and want to see the blood flow. Lets begin. Starting from 1999, Kargil. The Coffin Scam. The Purchase Scam. The Admiral Gorshokov Scam. The IC 814 Debacle. and If

The void...

I feel empty. I feel raw. I feel rotten. I feel like not feeling. I have nothing to show, if someone to ask me about what I have achieved in my stay on this planet. Nothing. what is a few flirtations with literature, knowledge, pain and sweat. No blood. No tears. No medallions. No gallantry. Ah! I am disgusted with myself for being so ordinary. I deserve the void for I do not work half as hard as I could. I am wasting my life.