Skip to main content

Too late .. too tired

Chapter 1
It’s usually a double life, a whacked up life, struggling to piece together times from different periods in my life. Separating friends and family, juggling responsibilities and stolen moments, savoring those small indiscretions, always a smile, no invectives and indecencies. That’s how it is at home.
I stopped at about four. There has been too much stuff piling on my desk these days and it occupies not so much of my desk as it occupies my mind. I usually stop when I am tired and that is how it has always been. However I always feel pretty guilty stopping working and can’t sleep for another hour till it just happens to me. Getting into the balcony without making too much noise, I can make out the skyline and those intermittent sparkling of lights playing in the air as if spotting something out in the still dark night.
I thought about the visual search engine and wondered of how I used to think of Google as the nice guys on the block. I used to find their meteoric rise comforting but now I think differently. It is always the corporation that is intimidating the mavericks and in this case, a bunch of mavericks keeping out other mavericks. Google now seems like expert and the professional which wants domination. Earlier it was indiscriminately new stuff but now it’s confident, strategic moves to counter the rest. After all, it has got a bunch of shareholders to take care of. But it has been disappointing. It had be the Microsoft story over and over again. But it always makes me comfortable to know that no one can stop an idea whose time has come.
I was damned tired and suddenly did not want to go to bed. I got myself a bottle of cold water and poured it down my throat, feeling really hungry at once. So then I raided the biscuits and then I lay down and felt the paunch that seems to be there forever. Then I felt my shaved head and felt comfort that I had have a decent crop in some time.
I woke up and it was hot. It was close to noon and I got up and cooked myself a decent breakfast. Mom would be in her puja room, doing that incredible number of shlokas again and again. Eggs, milk, bread and lots of sauce always perks me up. I looked at the number of calls that had arrived while i was taking my beauty sleep...
Its over now..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raizada Heritage Fund and Trip to Woodlands

I have a confession to make. We don’t have a sofa at home. We seriously don’t.. Over the last two years, whenever Vartika has broached the touchy topic of a Sofa buy, I have ended up doing rants on how the money saved on not buying a Sofa would be able to feed us for a month, in case startup went bust. (And no, I was not counting on dumb UPA government allowing Sharad Pawar to make billions running amok on the vegetable and cereals market and looting us. In that case, count that sum to last for mere 15 days. That rant is for a separate day) Imagine a 30-40k sofa and me eating it, like the borers mostly do. Tough to imagine and sad to think of. So I return to the sofa tales. Vartika knew I had make her do with those mattresses. You know how dumb I am, relentlessly pointless. Unfortunately I ran into an Ariean, and that too my Mom. She looked at me and the mattresses and then again at me, and I went ballistic. From the sensibility of an accountant, to the eruditeness of an economist (De

Can life teach?

It actually began, quite reluctantly. Unnecessary as it may seem, life teaches you what you allow it to teach. Even Life cannot teach you what it offers you. One has to let himself dissolve into the experience and let it sink in, and that I might call religion or education. Whatever the other person is willing to accept. Nay. Does it matter? Nay. Life is about teaching oneself. Being a self-thought-taught "person", picking up bits and pieces from various experiences, I tread on a path; I have myself laid out for myself. Never have I asked, in other words, begged for words, from "messiahs". Never did I think myself of having enough virtue, call it patience, to learn from others. So "rich" were my experiences. Things change, dynamically. Responding to an open question, throwing caution to the winds, I immersed myself into a debate, with people who thought, had streamlined their thinking apparatus and abilities. Gradually, they pestered; read "lee

The void...

I feel empty. I feel raw. I feel rotten. I feel like not feeling. I have nothing to show, if someone to ask me about what I have achieved in my stay on this planet. Nothing. what is a few flirtations with literature, knowledge, pain and sweat. No blood. No tears. No medallions. No gallantry. Ah! I am disgusted with myself for being so ordinary. I deserve the void for I do not work half as hard as I could. I am wasting my life.