Skip to main content

Me and me.. endlessly...

I ran the complete 3.2 kms of IIM Lucknow circular road in 18 minutes flat. No stoppages, no pausing to breathe.
I had been trying to do that for past 3 days. Now with Lawn tennis at 3 am and then a jog at 5 am, I am spending at least 1.5 hours in action daily. I hardly meet anyone these days. I have been reading lately. I have been paying attention in classes.

But the story of today's jog, makes me insomniac. I am worried about myself.

When I started to run and tire... I told myself that every step I take will mint money for me. And no wonder I ran the complete thing. Am I am maniac or a pervert... Am I me anymore?

I have been wondering all summer ... about how I got so fascinated with money.
I guess it starts in Calcutta where I studied in a predominantly marwari school where all the kids were filthy rich and there was I with barely anything.

Then came IITK where money did not matter. Power did. And then I did take up a job and she happened and I had to let her go. Just because she was rich and I was unsure as to whether I would be able to keep her in same comfort.

And then for money, I changed jobs. I came here... I made a mess of a relationship with dev because I want to make money... to prove a point to whom I don't know...
It is probably a blind cold race, in which the only thing I know is to keep running.
And I am running it.

The magic word.. thus remains.. "Money"...
and I wonder whatever happened to knowledge, power, honesty, love, feelings, wisdom...
I am a sinner... but let me sin enough..
the only thing that gives me some comfort is the Herman Hesse's Siddhartha.. in which the person is allowed to choose a lavish lifestyle so that he can get over all the vices...
I guess this is my way...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raizada Heritage Fund and Trip to Woodlands

I have a confession to make. We don’t have a sofa at home. We seriously don’t.. Over the last two years, whenever Vartika has broached the touchy topic of a Sofa buy, I have ended up doing rants on how the money saved on not buying a Sofa would be able to feed us for a month, in case startup went bust. (And no, I was not counting on dumb UPA government allowing Sharad Pawar to make billions running amok on the vegetable and cereals market and looting us. In that case, count that sum to last for mere 15 days. That rant is for a separate day) Imagine a 30-40k sofa and me eating it, like the borers mostly do. Tough to imagine and sad to think of. So I return to the sofa tales. Vartika knew I had make her do with those mattresses. You know how dumb I am, relentlessly pointless. Unfortunately I ran into an Ariean, and that too my Mom. She looked at me and the mattresses and then again at me, and I went ballistic. From the sensibility of an accountant, to the eruditeness of an economist (De

Can life teach?

It actually began, quite reluctantly. Unnecessary as it may seem, life teaches you what you allow it to teach. Even Life cannot teach you what it offers you. One has to let himself dissolve into the experience and let it sink in, and that I might call religion or education. Whatever the other person is willing to accept. Nay. Does it matter? Nay. Life is about teaching oneself. Being a self-thought-taught "person", picking up bits and pieces from various experiences, I tread on a path; I have myself laid out for myself. Never have I asked, in other words, begged for words, from "messiahs". Never did I think myself of having enough virtue, call it patience, to learn from others. So "rich" were my experiences. Things change, dynamically. Responding to an open question, throwing caution to the winds, I immersed myself into a debate, with people who thought, had streamlined their thinking apparatus and abilities. Gradually, they pestered; read "lee

The void...

I feel empty. I feel raw. I feel rotten. I feel like not feeling. I have nothing to show, if someone to ask me about what I have achieved in my stay on this planet. Nothing. what is a few flirtations with literature, knowledge, pain and sweat. No blood. No tears. No medallions. No gallantry. Ah! I am disgusted with myself for being so ordinary. I deserve the void for I do not work half as hard as I could. I am wasting my life.